This is a prompting Blog

My intent here is to write a poem from the prompt I give to you , the reader, in hopes that it will inspire something and get others to write with me.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Todays Prompt is finish this line

Todays Prompt is FINISH THIS LINE ...
( As the first light crept into the sky) Use it as it is AND as the first line of your write... OURS IS ...

As the first light crept into the sky
the smell of coffee drifts in my head
I want to stay here, thats no lie
I had to get my butt out of bed

The smell of coffee drifts into my head
and right to my comptuer I go
I had to get my butt out of bed
urgh, today I am waking up slow

And right to my comptuer I go
To catch up with all my friends
Urgh today I'm waking up slow
this is how my day begins

To catch up with all my friends
I want to stay here , thats no lie
this is how my day begins
As the first light crept into the sky



This is a formed poem new to me but I tried it
It is called a Pantoum poem, I will send the rules to whoever asks for them

ENJOY
JL&B

2 comments:

  1. make the coffee an expresso double,and watch the day fly by.However it seems to me you have a pretty good handle on this new form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check out pantoum poetry and yes you have nailed the form once again.Nice work there lady

    ReplyDelete