1) Poem must exceed one word in length, two or more is fine.
2)You can not use the word THE more than nine times.
3) You must enter the word 'coagulate' or if you prefer 'masticate', but you cant use both or neither.
4) You must break at least one of these rules, but must not break more than one rule, and this rule can over ride any other rule with no exceptions.
5) Rule 5 is the exception to rule 4.
6) You must write this to have fun, and at some point in the poem insert a word that you have made up yourself and as an addendum must specify it in you author's notes.
Last rule Rule 7, You must put your feet in a bowl, a sack or a box of some sort as you write the poem, honor system, or your poem is subject to excommunication, regardless of how wonderful it may be.
Good luck to any freaks willing to enter.
Please note !!! This is a prompt from another site that I entered in 2010, LOL I must be a freak, coz as soon as I saw this Prompt I thought "Yep this is for me"...
I couldn't find a bowl big enough so I'm Boxed in...
Conforming to rule 4 I broke rule 3...
Made up word is REALIPHASY...
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did !
OURS IS ...
A DAY WITH MY KID
"Is it still okay to masticate
as your food begins to coagulate
right before your very eyes ???"
This from my ten year old,
who's learning new words I'm told,
and what am I to do ... lie?
"No," I say, "eating curdled food
will put you in a sour mood.
Why on earth would you even try?"
"Well," says she, "it may just be
I like the thought of the realiphasy."
She pulled that right out of the sky...
"Realiphasy ?!? What is that?
Tell me where that word is at??"
Thinking she was trying to be sly.
"We have to make up a word," said she,
"one no one has ever heard, Mommy,
and say it every day until July!!!"
"What is the meaning to this word
that no one else has ever heard"
I waited patiently for her reply.
"It is where the world of reality
comes in touch with one of fantasy."
A very good word, I really can't deny !
HAVE FUN !!!