This is a prompting Blog

My intent here is to write a poem from the prompt I give to you , the reader, in hopes that it will inspire something and get others to write with me.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today's Prompt is TERZA RIMA

Terza rima is a three-line stanza using chain rhyme in the pattern A-B-A, B-C-B, C-D-C, D-E-D. There is no limit to the number of lines, but poems or sections of poems written in terza rima end with either a single line or couplet repeating the rhyme of the middle line of the final tercet. The two possible endings for the example above are d-e-d, e or d-e-d, e-e. There is no set rhythm for terza rima, but in English, iambic pentameter is generally preferred.

OURS IS ...

Tender as if just off the vine
in you're hands lies my heart
sweet are your lips, easing my mind

In the dawn together we start
I follow closely to your lead
knowing we will never part

If someday my heart does bleed
I know you're there to help it mend
your healing love is all I need

Though the road may sometimes bend
Our love will be safe and sound
As we walk it together to the end

Where happiness and laughter abound
that is where our love is found


That was fun !!
YOUR TURN
ENJOY
JL&B

4 comments:

  1. my mind just dies not lie with rhyme so I will stick with prose. Your poetry brightens my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rhyme in reverse in a way, I think of a word, write down what rhymes with it then fit it in a poem. Sometimes it works, sometimes something just doesn't fit. For example: Break gives wake, sake, lake, take and hake. I'm not sure about Hake.
    Then again:

    My grief is like an endless lake
    And I am drowning there,
    Alone in my sad heartbreak
    No-one else can share
    How can the fates just go take
    Half of a perfect pair,
    I wish I could this world forsake
    And lay down all my care,
    I remember every time I wake
    How thing came to tear,
    You choking on a piece of Hake
    Dying for want of air.

    Hmm. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gentle water softly flowing
    Trickling on your stony bed
    Dancing off to where you’re going

    So my thoughts are quickly sped
    Following your tuneful way,
    You the piper, I the led.

    Rippling in the light of day
    Imagination makes each cats-paw
    The footprint of some passing fae

    Pulled along by gravitys law
    A sparkling and shimmering drape
    Sliding out from a rocky tor

    Gently winding through the landscape
    Laughing as you flit along
    Joyous in your great escape

    So you sing your cheerful song
    While running home where you belong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I missed the iambic pentameter bit. Try again:
    As I was walking quickly down the stair
    Not looking and with thoughts so far away
    I put my foot down firmly in mid-air

    How fast I fell I can not quickly say
    For somehow time just went so very wrong
    I’m sure I hit each step upon the way

    The fall seemed to go on for far too long
    I thought I’d missed the ground and learned to fly
    Until I landed with a great big bong

    I saw the stars a twirling in the sky
    As I fell firmly straight upon my head
    I’m sure each star laughed as it passed me by

    And now I’m resting bandaged in my bed
    Still ruing where my carelessness has lead.

    ReplyDelete