This is a prompting Blog

My intent here is to write a poem from the prompt I give to you , the reader, in hopes that it will inspire something and get others to write with me.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Today's Prompt is TANKA

A tanka is another poetry type related to the haiku. The first three lines are unrhymed. They have a syllable count of five, seven, five like the haiku. But the last two lines both have seven syllables. So the syllable count is: (5, 7, 5, 7, 7)
OURS IS...

LIVING PROOF

You will make it through
these times of hurt and despair
I am living proof
give God what you cant handle
He will see you through it all

YOUR TURN
ENJOY
JL&B

2 comments:

  1. I think I needed to read this poem this evening. I was feeling all alone and out of sorts. I feel very comforted by your poem and words. Lovely
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy about, that more than I can say Beth...

    ReplyDelete