This is a prompting Blog

My intent here is to write a poem from the prompt I give to you , the reader, in hopes that it will inspire something and get others to write with me.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Today's Prompt is Senryu Poetry

Senryu Poetry Write a senryu. Unrhymed Japanese verse of 5/7/5 syllables. Using human emotion.
Senryū (川柳?, literally 'river willow') is a Japanese form of short poetry similar to haiku in construction: three lines with 17 or fewer total morae (or "on", often translated as syllables, but see the article on onji for distinctions). Senryū tend to be about human foibles while haiku tend to be about nature, and senryū are often cynical or darkly humorous while haiku are more serious. Unlike haiku, senryū do not include a kireji (cutting word), and do not generally include a kigo, or season word.

OURS IS ...

Bother me no more
I have better things to do
so long to bad days

leave me now headache
for I need my life again
allow me freedom

breathing in fresh air
the hurt of you will be gone
once more I can smile


YOUR TURN
ENJOY
JL&B

9 comments:

  1. You would have me cry,
    Though you care for me no more
    You still want to rule.

    My heart feels so raw
    But my mind will take no more,
    My resolve hardens.

    I choose my freedom,
    I will not let you hurt me,
    I scorn your torment.

    Why should I listen
    To your tired, worn-out laments?
    There’s no life in them.

    Now I take my stand.
    I turn my back on our past
    And claim my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite interesting. All this time I was writing haiku i was actually writing Senryu! I enjoyed yours quite a bit and I hope your head feels better. Here's mine:

    Thought I wrote haiku
    Guess I was wrong all along
    I've learned something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to say that I do not know what is Haiku and Senryu, so ignorant of me. But this one great poem with emotions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very masterful job..
    love the imagery...
    Happy Rally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! great sengyru.. here's my wk 39.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/regret/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did the form honor, and succinctly conveyed the irritation of being infirm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all...

    FAIRYLANDERS RESPONSES ...

    Kathy and Patsy - Whose Real Name Is Kathleen wrote
    22 hours, 50 minutes ago
    glad to see you back
    and know you're feeling better
    nice you let us know

    hope things still improve
    and that you soon feel better
    better than ever

    rain for your flowers
    and sun to dry the showers
    happiness for hours

    xxx



    Kathryn and Honeysuckle Rose wrote
    14 hours, 12 minutes ago
    Memories painful
    Fill the pages as I write
    But there is a purpose

    My words may comfort
    Or open eyes of another
    Let me reach one soul

    I stretch out my hand
    I have felt those feeling too
    We are not alone

    Sadly there are more
    Women with anger like mine
    Hurts, fears and secrets

    I share my story
    With it's painful memories
    Someone will need it

    KC. 3-3-11


    Jackie and Gypsy's Zoo of Love (Florida) wrote
    16 hours, 15 minutes ago
    I hope you are well
    and your pain goes away soon
    I miss all your posts

    your garden is great
    your flowers are so pretty
    I will be back soon

    xoxoxo


    Karen and Karina wrote
    1 day ago
    Senryu

    Oh thank u Bandit
    For taking care of JL
    Missed u both so much.

    You must have been sad
    Seeing your best friend in pain
    Your tears kissed her brow.

    A little more rest
    With you right there by her side
    brings healing her way.

    Each days a challenge
    Today's a New Beginning
    Enjoy its treasures.


    I wish for you both
    Peace good health and happiness
    With love that is true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one! I love the opening lines: Bother me no more / I have better things to do--so simply but spunky. Thanks for checking out my rally entry as well!

    ReplyDelete