This is a prompting Blog

My intent here is to write a poem from the prompt I give to you , the reader, in hopes that it will inspire something and get others to write with me.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today's Prompt is Minute Poetry

The Minute Poem is a poem that follows the "8,4,4,4" syllable count structure. It usually has 3 stanzas that are exactly the same. So: 8,4,4,4; 8,4,4,4; 8,4,4,4 syllables.
A traditional Minute Poem has 12 lines total. It has 60 syllables. It is written in a strict iambic meter. The rhyme scheme is as follows: aabb, ccdd, eeff.
OURS IS...
By day I'm just your garden fair
with flowers there
critters to see
just you and me...

 

By night I'm in the moons embrace
a darkened place
with stars to guide
where critters hide

The morning song, again we meet
come take a seat
begin our day
enjoy your stay
 


YOUR TURN
ENJOY
JL&B

2 comments: