This is a prompting Blog

My intent here is to write a poem from the prompt I give to you , the reader, in hopes that it will inspire something and get others to write with me.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Today's Prompt is Tetractys

Tetractys is five-line poem of 20 syllables with a title, arranged in the following order: 1,2,3,4,10.with each line standing as a phrase on its own. It can be inverted, doubled etc and was created by the late English poet Ray Stebbings.

Any subject... OURS IS ...

Cat
Feline
domestic
lap friend for life
Oh how I love my pretty kitty cat

MORE FUN, I do like this !
YOUR TURN
ENJOY
JL&B

7 comments:

  1. Plants
    Flora
    Seeds that grow
    Garden makers
    What would life be without flowers and trees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Song,
    Music,
    Orchestra,
    Choirs of singers
    Tunes dance in my head and keep me smiling

    Tape
    C.D.
    Radio
    Tunes go with me
    Music now surrounds us all through our life.

    Hush
    Quite
    Silent time
    Nothing to hear
    Sometimes I feel the need to be noise-free

    Buzz
    Earworm
    Silent sound
    Stuck in my head
    I can't remember or forget the tune

    Write
    Phrases
    Change it round
    Put my words in
    So the tune becomes the song of my day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Past
    Before
    History
    Long, long ago.
    Time stretches out behind us like a sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When?
    How long?
    Clock watching
    Are we there yet?
    Wasting much of our time in impatience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun
    Laughter
    Enjoyment
    Simple pleasure
    We will enjoy the good times while we can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read, I read and I am amazed,you,penney and helena what a trio. Brillance is the word of the day.

    ReplyDelete